Collection in Durban. Does not qualify for free national delivery.
The direct system is used in frost-free locations, where the ambient temperature never falls below 5°C and where the water quality is good (less than 600ppm Total Dissolved Solids/Minerals). The system is used with one or two Solar Collector Panels dependant on the capacity of the Solar tank.
The direct system, is where the water to be used in the household (hot water) circulates through the solar collector panels, transferring solar energy into the storage tank of the solar water heater.
The direct system can be installed as a Split System (pumped or thermosyphoned circulation methods), where the solar water heater is installed inside the roof or away from the solar collector panels or installed as a Close Coupled System (thermosyphon circulation), where the solar water heater is installed outside on the roof and above or higher than the solar collector panels (see section Circulation Methods).
- The Kwikot Kwiksol Solar Water Heater Direct System complies with SANS 1307, is SABS 400kPa approved and can be used as a close coupled system or split system.
- The inner cylinder is manufactured from 2mm steel and thermo fused porcelain enamelled for cylinder longevity and hygiene.
- Polyurethane insulation between the inner cylinder and outer casement reduces energy and heat loss.
- 2 x aluminium sacrificial anodes are fitted for corrosion protection.
- The solar water heater is designed for domestic hot water application in conjunction with one or more solar collector panels.
- The Solar Water Heater is fitted with an isolator switch (IPX4 rated).
- The two extra water connections required for connecting the solar collector panels and the booster element, ensures that the solar water heater can be used as a conventional electric water heater and as a solar water heater.
- The solar water heater thermostat will automatically switch on when the incoming hot water from the solar collector panels has not reached the set temperature setting on the thermostat. This will occur on cloudy days and at night when the water temperature drops in the solar water heater or when hot water is drawn off and cold water enters the solar water heater.
SOL-300-I-SS-B 300lt Indirect Geyser IPX 4 Rated
SOL-LAG-22R1 UV SOLAR Lagging 4 x 1.8m (25mm)
SOL-BRCT300 Pitch Roof Support - Geyser Bracket
SOL-BRACKET-FP Bracket for Flat Plate Collector (2)
KHN4-200CX 2 x 22mm Vacuum Breakers
KHN3-214 22mm Multi Pressure Control Valve 400kPa
KH6-320 Thermostatic Mixing Valve 22mm
SOL-TIMER-17 Day Digital Geyser Timer 20A
SOL-PANEL-2B Solar Flat Plate Collector Panel (2m2) x 2
SOL-PG-1 Propylene Glycol 2 x 1lt