Storage Systems - Charger-Inverter
The Victron Quattro is the larger inverters in the Victron range. It has 2 x AC inputs for typical connection for grid and generator further on it has same features as the Multiplus.
Quattro has 2 AC outputs, which one is for backup (critical loads) and second AC output is for Non-essential loads
Parallel up to 6 inverters and can be used in three phase solutions (6 x sets) @ 180KVA
Two AC inputs with integrated transfer switch
- The Quattro can be connected to two independent AC sources, for example the public grid and a generator, or two
- generators. The Quattro will automatically connect to the active source.
Two AC Outputs
- The main output has no-break functionality. The Quattro takes over the supply to the connected loads in the event of a grid failure or when shore/generator power is disconnected. This happens so fast (less than 20 milliseconds) that computers and other electronic equipment will continue to operate without disruption.
- The second output is live only when AC is available on one of the inputs of the Quattro. Loads that should not discharge the battery, like a water heater for example, can be connected to this output.
Virtually unlimited power thanks to parallel operation
- Up to 6 Quattro units can operate in parallel. Six units 48/10000/140, for example, will provide 48kW / 60kVA output power and 840 Amps charging capacity.
Split phase options
- Two units can be stacked to provide 120-0-120V, and additional units can be paralleled up to a total of 6 units per phase, to supply up to 30kW / 36kVA of split phase power.
- Alternatively, a split phase AC source can be obtained by connecting our autotransformer (see data sheet on www.victronenergy.com ) to a ‘European’ inverter programmed to supply 240V / 60Hz.
Three phase capability
- Three units can be configured for three phase output. But that’s not all: up to 6 sets of three units can be parallel connected to provide 144kW / 180kVA inverter power and more than 2500A charging capacity.
PowerControl – Dealing with limited generator, shore side or grid power
- The Quattro is a very powerful battery charger. It will therefore draw a lot of current from the generator or shore side supply (16A per 5kVA Quattro at 230VAC). A current limit can be set on each AC input.
- The Quattro will then take account of other AC loads and use whatever is spare for charging, thus preventing the generator or mains supply fromnbeing overloaded.
PowerAssist – Boosting shore or generator power
- This feature takes the principle of PowerControl to a further dimension allowing the Quattro to supplement the capacity of the alternative source.
- Where peak power is so often required only for a limited period, the Quattro will make sure that insufficient mains or generator power is immediately compensated for by power from the battery. When the load reduces, the spare power is used to recharge the battery.
Solar energy: AC power available even during a grid failure
- The Quattro can be used in off grid as well as grid connected PV and other alternative energy systems.
- Loss of mains detection software is available.
- In case of a stand-alone application, if settings have to be changed, this can be done in a matter of minutes with a DIP switch setting procedure.
- Parallel and three phase applications can be configured with VE.Bus Quick Configure and VE.Bus System Configurator software.
- Off grid, grid interactive and self-consumption applications, involving grid-tie inverters and/or MPPT Solar
- Chargers can be configured with Assistants (dedicated software for specific applications).
On-site Monitoring and control
- Several options are available: Battery Monitor, Multi Control Panel, Color Control GX or other GX devices, smartphone or
- tablet (Bluetooth Smart), laptop or computer (USB or RS232).
Remote Monitoring and control
- Color Control GX or other GX devices.
- Data can be stored and displayed on our VRM (Victron Remote Management) website, free of charge.
- When connected to the Ethernet, systems with a Color Control GX or other GX device can be accessed and settings can be changed remotely.